The full quote/excerpt
Muscle is an orphan organ. No medical speciality claims it. As a consequence, no medical specialty is concerned with promoting funded research into the muscular causes of pain, and medical students and physical therapists rarely receive adequate primary training in how to recognize and treat myofascial trigger points. Fortunately, massage therapists, although rarely well-trained medically [BC being one of the obvious exceptions. — PI], are trained in how to find myofascial trigger points and frequently become skilled in their treatment.
Shortened version of the quote
Muscle is an orphan organ.
- Review of The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook — A popular book that promises too much and ignores recent science and controversies, which alienates many physicians and sets patients up for disappointment
- The trigger point therapy workbook: your self-treatment guide for pain relief (book), by Clair Davies and Amber Davies.
These four articles on PainScience.com cite this item as a source:
- The Complete Guide to Trigger Points & Myofascial Pain
- The Complete Guide to Muscle Strains
- Endurance Training for Pain & Rehab
- Your Back Is Not Out of Alignment