original abstract†Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this article is to review imaging of the rotator interval, an anatomically complex region in the shoulder that plays an important role in the normal function of the shoulder joint. The rotator interval can be difficult to evaluate by imaging, and it is not routinely evaluated arthroscopically unless the clinical examination or imaging findings suggest an abnormality of the rotator interval. Rotator interval pathology is implicated in glenohumeral instability, biceps instability and adhesive capsulitis-entities which remain a challenge to diagnose and treat.
CONCLUSION: Imaging can play an important role in increasing suspicion for injury to the rotator interval so that this region can be evaluated and appropriate treatment can be initiated.
One article on PainScience.com cites Petchprapa 2010 as a source:
- PS Frozen Shoulder Guide — An extremely detailed & readable guide to one of the strangest of all common musculoskeletal problems, for both patients and pros
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Effectiveness of customised foot orthoses for Achilles tendinopathy: a randomised controlled trial. Munteanu 2015 Br J Sports Med.
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- The neck and headaches. Bogduk 2014 Neurol Clin.
- Agreement of self-reported items and clinically assessed nerve root involvement (or sciatica) in a primary care setting. Konstantinou 2012 Eur Spine J.
- Effect of NSAIDs on Recovery From Acute Skeletal Muscle Injury: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Morelli 2017 Am J Sports Med.