original abstract †Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
Adhesive capsulitis is a musculoskeletal condition that has a disabling capability. This review discusses the diagnosis and both operative and nonoperative management of this shoulder condition that causes significant morbidity. Issues related to medications, rehabilitation, and post surgical considerations are discussed.
- “Management of frozen shoulder: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis,” E Maund, D Craig, S Suekarran, Ar Neilson, K Wright, S Brealey, L Dennis, L Goodchild, N Hanchard, A Rangan, G Richardson, J Robertson, and C McDaid, Health Technol Assess, 2012.
- “Frozen shoulder: A systematic review of therapeutic options,” Harpal Singh Uppal, Jonathan Peter Evans, and Christopher Smith, World J Orthop, 2015.
- “Prognostic factors and therapeutic options for treatment of frozen shoulder: a systematic review,” Walid Eljabu, Hans Michael Klinger, and Marius von Knoch, Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, 2016.
- “Frozen shoulder: the effectiveness of conservative and surgical interventions — systematic review,” M M Favejee, B M A Huisstede, and B W Koes, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2011.
- “Shoulder adhesive capsulitis: systematic review of randomised trials using multiple corticosteroid injections,” Nicholas Shah and Mark Lewis, Br J Gen Pract, 2007.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Photobiomodulation therapy is not better than placebo in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Guimarães 2021 Pain.
- No effect of creatine monohydrate supplementation on inflammatory and cartilage degradation biomarkers in individuals with knee osteoarthritis. Cornish 2018 Nutr Res.
- The CANBACK trial: a randomised, controlled clinical trial of oral cannabidiol for people presenting to the emergency department with acute low back pain. Bebee 2021 Med J Aust.
- Relationships Between Sleep Quality and Pain-Related Factors for People with Chronic Low Back Pain: Tests of Reciprocal and Time of Day Effects. Gerhart 2017 Ann Behav Med.
- Modulation in the elastic properties of gastrocnemius muscle heads in individuals with plantar fasciitis and its relationship with pain. Zhou 2020 Sci Rep.