original abstract†Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
Adhesive capsulitis is a musculoskeletal condition that has a disabling capability. This review discusses the diagnosis and both operative and nonoperative management of this shoulder condition that causes significant morbidity. Issues related to medications, rehabilitation, and post surgical considerations are discussed.
- “Management of frozen shoulder: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis,” E Maund, D Craig, S Suekarran, Ar Neilson, K Wright, S Brealey, L Dennis, L Goodchild, N Hanchard, A Rangan, G Richardson, J Robertson, and C McDaid, Health Technol Assess, 2012.
- “Frozen shoulder: A systematic review of therapeutic options,” Harpal Singh Uppal, Jonathan Peter Evans, and Christopher Smith, World J Orthop, 2015.
- “Prognostic factors and therapeutic options for treatment of frozen shoulder: a systematic review,” Walid Eljabu, Hans Michael Klinger, and Marius von Knoch, Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, 2016.
- “Frozen shoulder: the effectiveness of conservative and surgical interventions — systematic review,” M M Favejee, B M A Huisstede, and B W Koes, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2011.
- “Shoulder adhesive capsulitis: systematic review of randomised trials using multiple corticosteroid injections,” Nicholas Shah and Mark Lewis, Br J Gen Pract, 2007.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- The neck and headaches. Bogduk 2014 Neurol Clin.
- Agreement of self-reported items and clinically assessed nerve root involvement (or sciatica) in a primary care setting. Konstantinou 2012 Eur Spine J.
- Effect of NSAIDs on Recovery From Acute Skeletal Muscle Injury: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Morelli 2017 Am J Sports Med.
- Association of Spinal Manipulative Therapy With Clinical Benefit and Harm for Acute Low Back Pain: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Paige 2017 JAMA.