One article on PainSci cites Kossoff 2009: Chronic, Subtle, Systemic Inflammation
original abstract †Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
The ketogenic diet, modified Atkins diet, and low-glycemic-index treatment have all emerged over the past decade as important therapeutic options for children with intractable epilepsy. Whereas only a decade ago the ketogenic diet was seen as an "alternative'' treatment of last resort, it has become more frequently used throughout the world. The past year alone 2 randomized and controlled trials of the ketogenic diet were published, as well as the use of the ketogenic diet for new-onset epilepsy (infantile spasms), and a 26-member international consensus statement guiding optimal clinical management. There has been an equally dramatic increase of interest into mechanisms of action using various experimental models. Researchers are also highly interested in using diets for neurologic disorders other than epilepsy, including autism and brain tumors. This review will update child neurologists on the recent advances in the use of ketogenic diets.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Relationships Between Sleep Quality and Pain-Related Factors for People with Chronic Low Back Pain: Tests of Reciprocal and Time of Day Effects. Gerhart 2017 Ann Behav Med.
- Modulation in the elastic properties of gastrocnemius muscle heads in individuals with plantar fasciitis and its relationship with pain. Zhou 2020 Sci Rep.
- Association Between Plantar Fasciitis and Isolated Gastrocnemius Tightness. Nakale 2018 Foot Ankle Int.
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- The neck and headaches. Bogduk 2014 Neurol Clin.