One article on PainSci cites Holden 2019: Achilles Tendinitis Treatment Science
- “Isometric Contractions Are More Analgesic Than Isotonic Contractions for Patellar Tendon Pain: An In-Season Randomized Clinical Trial,” Ebonie Rio, Mathijs van Ark, Sean Docking, G Lorimer Moseley, Dawson Kidgell, Jamie E Gaida, Inge van den Akker-Scheek, Johannes Zwerver, and Jill Cook, Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, 2017.
Specifically regarding Holden 2019:
- “Isometric exercise for acute pain relief: is it relevant in tendinopathy management?,” Karin Gravare Silbernagel, Bill T Vicenzino, Michael Skovdal Rathleff, and Kristian Thorborg, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2019.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Relationships Between Sleep Quality and Pain-Related Factors for People with Chronic Low Back Pain: Tests of Reciprocal and Time of Day Effects. Gerhart 2017 Ann Behav Med.
- Modulation in the elastic properties of gastrocnemius muscle heads in individuals with plantar fasciitis and its relationship with pain. Zhou 2020 Sci Rep.
- Association Between Plantar Fasciitis and Isolated Gastrocnemius Tightness. Nakale 2018 Foot Ankle Int.
- No Added Benefit of Combining Dry Needling With Guideline-Based Physical Therapy When Managing Chronic Neck Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Stieven 2020 J Orthop Sports Phys Ther.
- Effectiveness of customised foot orthoses for Achilles tendinopathy: a randomised controlled trial. Munteanu 2015 Br J Sports Med.