Two articles on PainSci cite Holden 2019: 1. Tennis Elbow Guide 2. Achilles Tendinitis Treatment Science
- “The pain of tendinopathy: physiological or pathophysiological?,” Ebonie Rio, Lorimer Moseley, Craig Purdam, Tom Samiric, Dawson Kidgell, Alan J Pearce, Shapour Jaberzadeh, and Jill Cook, Sports Medicine, 2014.
- “Isometric exercise induces analgesia and reduces inhibition in patellar tendinopathy,” Ebonie Rio, Dawson Kidgell, Craig Purdam, Jamie Gaida, G Lorimer Moseley, Alan J Pearce, and Jill Cook, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2015.
- “Do isometric and isotonic exercise programs reduce pain in athletes with patellar tendinopathy in-season? A randomised clinical trial,” Mathijs van Ark, Jill L Cook, Sean I Docking, Johannes Zwerver, James E Gaida, Inge van den Akker-Scheek, and Ebonie Rio, Journal of Science & Medicine in Sport, 2016.
- “Isometric Contractions Are More Analgesic Than Isotonic Contractions for Patellar Tendon Pain: An In-Season Randomized Clinical Trial,” Ebonie Rio, Mathijs van Ark, Sean Docking, G Lorimer Moseley, Dawson Kidgell, Jamie E Gaida, Inge van den Akker-Scheek, Johannes Zwerver, and Jill Cook, Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, 2017.
Specifically regarding Holden 2019:
- “Isometric exercise for acute pain relief: is it relevant in tendinopathy management?,” Karin Gravare Silbernagel, Bill T Vicenzino, Michael Skovdal Rathleff, and Kristian Thorborg, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2019.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Photobiomodulation therapy is not better than placebo in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Guimarães 2021 Pain.
- No effect of creatine monohydrate supplementation on inflammatory and cartilage degradation biomarkers in individuals with knee osteoarthritis. Cornish 2018 Nutr Res.
- The CANBACK trial: a randomised, controlled clinical trial of oral cannabidiol for people presenting to the emergency department with acute low back pain. Bebee 2021 Med J Aust.
- Relationships Between Sleep Quality and Pain-Related Factors for People with Chronic Low Back Pain: Tests of Reciprocal and Time of Day Effects. Gerhart 2017 Ann Behav Med.
- Modulation in the elastic properties of gastrocnemius muscle heads in individuals with plantar fasciitis and its relationship with pain. Zhou 2020 Sci Rep.