Five articles on PainSci cite Harvey 2017: 1. The Complete Guide to Trigger Points & Myofascial Pain 2. Quite a Stretch 3. Why So “Negative”? 4. Complete Guide to Frozen Shoulder 5. Dupuytren’s Contracture
PainSci notes on Harvey 2017:
This is a Cochrane review of static stretch for the treatment and prevention of contractures. The verdict? A clear thumbs down. Based on “high-quality evidence” they concluded that “stretch is not effective for the treatment and prevention of contractures.”
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- No long-term effects after a three-week open-label placebo treatment for chronic low back pain: a three-year follow-up of a randomized controlled trial. Kleine-Borgmann 2022 Pain.
- Exercise and education versus saline injections for knee osteoarthritis: a randomised controlled equivalence trial. Bandak 2022 Ann Rheum Dis.
- Association of Lumbar MRI Findings with Current and Future Back Pain in a Population-based Cohort Study. Kasch 2022 Spine (Phila Pa 1976).
- A double-blinded randomised controlled study of the value of sequential intravenous and oral magnesium therapy in patients with chronic low back pain with a neuropathic component. Yousef 2013 Anaesthesia.
- Is Neck Posture Subgroup in Late Adolescence a Risk Factor for Persistent Neck Pain in Young Adults? A Prospective Study. Richards 2021 Phys Ther.