original abstract†Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
All physiotherapists have experienced the anxious expression, the dejected look, the frustrated frown of the individual living with persistent musculoskeletal pain who is asked to partake in exercise.
- “Exercise for chronic musculoskeletal pain: A biopsychosocial approach,” John Booth, G Lorimer Moseley, Marcus Schiltenwolf, Aidan Cashin, Michael Davies, and Markus Hübscher, Musculoskeletal Care, 2017.
- “Physical activity and exercise for chronic pain in adults: an overview of Cochrane Reviews,” Louise J Geneen, R Andrew Moore, Clare Clarke, Denis Martin, Lesley A Colvin, and Blair H Smith, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2017.
- “Reasoning exercise dosage for people with persistent pain,” Paul Lagerman, In Touch, 2018.
One article on PainScience.com cites Lagerman as a source:
- A Rational Guide to Fibromyalgia — The science of the mysterious disease of pain, exhaustion, and mental fog
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Effectiveness of customised foot orthoses for Achilles tendinopathy: a randomised controlled trial. Munteanu 2015 Br J Sports Med.
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- The neck and headaches. Bogduk 2014 Neurol Clin.
- Agreement of self-reported items and clinically assessed nerve root involvement (or sciatica) in a primary care setting. Konstantinou 2012 Eur Spine J.
- Effect of NSAIDs on Recovery From Acute Skeletal Muscle Injury: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Morelli 2017 Am J Sports Med.