One article on PainSci cites Lagerman : A Rational Guide to Fibromyalgia
original abstract †Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
All physiotherapists have experienced the anxious expression, the dejected look, the frustrated frown of the individual living with persistent musculoskeletal pain who is asked to partake in exercise.
- “Exercise for chronic musculoskeletal pain: A biopsychosocial approach,” John Booth, G Lorimer Moseley, Marcus Schiltenwolf, Aidan Cashin, Michael Davies, and Markus Hübscher, Musculoskeletal Care, 2017.
- “Physical activity and exercise for chronic pain in adults: an overview of Cochrane Reviews,” Louise J Geneen, R Andrew Moore, Clare Clarke, Denis Martin, Lesley A Colvin, and Blair H Smith, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2017.
- “Reasoning exercise dosage for people with persistent pain,” Paul Lagerman, In Touch, 2018.
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- Relationships Between Sleep Quality and Pain-Related Factors for People with Chronic Low Back Pain: Tests of Reciprocal and Time of Day Effects. Gerhart 2017 Ann Behav Med.
- Modulation in the elastic properties of gastrocnemius muscle heads in individuals with plantar fasciitis and its relationship with pain. Zhou 2020 Sci Rep.
- Association Between Plantar Fasciitis and Isolated Gastrocnemius Tightness. Nakale 2018 Foot Ankle Int.
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- The neck and headaches. Bogduk 2014 Neurol Clin.