original abstract†Abstracts here may not perfectly match originals, for a variety of technical and practical reasons. Some abstacts are truncated for my purposes here, if they are particularly long-winded and unhelpful. I occasionally add clarifying notes. And I make some minor corrections.
Contracted (Frozen) Shoulder is an enigmatic common, disabling and painful condition. The last two decades have seen advances made in our understanding of the pathology, natural history and associations of this condition. This understanding has allowed led to the development of new and effective methods of treating the disease. Despite these advances there is still a long way to go before we have a full understanding of this condition.
- “Adhesive capsulitis: a review of current treatment,” an article in American Journal of Sports Medicine, 2010.
One article on PainScience.com cites Bunker 2009 as a source:
- PS Frozen Shoulder Guide — A readable self-help manual for one the strangest of all common musculoskeletal problems, adhesive capsulitis
This page is part of the PainScience BIBLIOGRAPHY, which contains plain language summaries of thousands of scientific papers & others sources. It’s like a highly specialized blog. A few highlights:
- A Bayesian model-averaged meta-analysis of the power pose effect with informed and default priors: the case of felt power. Gronau 2017 Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology.
- Association of Spinal Manipulative Therapy With Clinical Benefit and Harm for Acute Low Back Pain: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Paige 2017 JAMA.
- Incidence of Spontaneous Resorption of Lumbar Disc Herniation: A Meta-Analysis. Zhong 2017 Pain Physician.
- How much is too much? (Part 1) International Olympic Committee consensus statement on load in sport and risk of injury. Soligard 2016 Br J Sports Med.
- Chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy for migraine: a three-armed, single-blinded, placebo, randomized controlled trial. Chaibi 2016 Eur J Neurol.